Questions you should ask your insurance company about coverage for your fine jewelry:
- Are there different kinds of jewelry insurance available?
- What is the difference between unscheduled and scheduled coverage?
- Do I have a choice between an Agreed Cash Policy and a Replacement Policy?
- Are any security precautions required?
- How much will it cost for full coverage?
- Is there a deductible? If so, how much?
- Am I still covered if there is negligence or carelessness involved?
- What proof is needed to justify a claim?
- Is depreciation or appreciation ever imposed? How is it computed?
- Am I limited to the appraised replacement cost should there be a sizable increase in value?
- Can I go to whomever I wish for claim assessment and/or replacement?
- If there is damage to a piece, can I replace it or am I limited to repair?
- Will you show me the actual language in my policy which addresses each of these concerns?